Skip to Main Content

Maintenance of Matriculation

Graduate students are expected to maintain continuous involvement and enrollment in the program. Failure to register for any period constitutes a de facto withdrawal. A student is not eligible to receive a master’s degree while not in attendance. Students who find it necessary to interrupt their graduate studies and wish to maintain their academic standing during the semesters when they are not registered for courses or research credits must pay the Maintenance of Matriculation fee. Students who do not maintain matriculation and wish to resume study must apply for readmission. Readmission is granted only on the recommendation of the department and the approval of the divisional dean.