Skip to Main Content

Progress of Non-Matriculated Students

A student who is registered as a non-matriculant is not eligible to receive a master’s degree while in that status. A non-matriculant will not be granted a permit to register for courses off campus. Non-matriculated students must change status by formal application through the appropriate Office of Admissions. Applicants for a change in status from non-matriculant to matriculated students will be considered as new applicants for admission and therefore, may be accepted or denied admission. A non-matriculated student who wishes to become matriculated and thus eligible to receive a degree must have a B average or better in courses, which do not include more than two courses of Independent Study or Tutorial.